As you all know, I have been baking gluten free cakes for a long time. Very often, some people criticize vegan gluten free cakes before even tasting them. Between you and me, it gets on my nerves. Anyway, this time I decided to prepare a gluten free coconut cake without telling anyone it was gluten free.
It was a complete S U C C E S S!! People loved it. Yay!
To be honnest, I added one secret ingeredient that I will reveal to you today. I added some coconut oil. I never thought it could be possible. The cake had better taste and better consistency. Try it, it will change your life (…or almost) 🙂
- Prep. time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup maize flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ – 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup neutral oil (I used sunflower oil)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tps cinnamon powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients (make sure to do that to avoid lumps)
- Mix the dry ingredients with sunflower oil and coconut oil
- Add the cup coconut milk and mix again
- It is all you have to do!!