I haven’t written on this blog for such a long time. I have moved from Paris to Bordeaux since the end of July and I am really happy to be here. My new life is very exciting, because there are so many things to discover here in Bordeaux. Plus, the weather is amazing, the sea beautiful and the wine exquisite. I haven’t opened all the boxes yet, but I found my camera and I stumbled upon few pictures of vegan or vegetarian recipes that I didn’t post on vegtrips. Today I am posting a recipe that I cooked in May. I will do my best to post recipes more often because I am not that busy these days. I’m so proud of myself, I have never baked vegan and gluten free pancakes before. They were delicious, I had a real blast.
This is a vegan, gluten free and nut free recipe. Hot or cold, they are very tasty. Try this recipe, I am sure you will like it !
Prep. time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Servings: 8-10 pancakes
1 cup buckwheat flour
½ cup rice flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (liquid or powdered – I used powdered)
2 tablespoons neutral oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (rice flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar , vanilla extract and cinnamon)
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl (almond milk and oil)
- Combine dry and wet ingredients a wood spoon
- Place 2 tablespoons neutral oil in pan. Heat a pan over low heat
- When the pan is hot, using a ladle or a pitcher, pour about 3 tablespoons or 60 ml of batter into the pan and cook for about two minutes for each side.
- Serve with vegan salted butter caramel sauce
- You can use a blender if you prefer (STEP 3)
- You can use vegan butter instead of neutral oil (STEP 4)
- Spray your pan with a few drops of water. If the water sizzles and hops, it means that the pan is ready to receive your pancakes dough! (STEP 4)
- You can eat your pancakes with slices of banana, maple syrup, or jam for example (STEP 6)