Today is Friday, and I am so happy that the weekend starts this evening, what a great occasion to post a chocolate chips cookies recipe that you can bake with kids this weekend. I am really happy to post this amazing recipe that my dear friend from London, Ami, sent a few days ago. Even if she isn’t vegan (yet?), she is more and more concerned with her health, and I am really pleased to see that. The combination of coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract sounds delicious, can’t wait to try out this amazing vegan recipe. It is a vegan recipe. It is a gluten free recipe. It is a very easy vegan recipe. Enough said. Here it is: the Vegan AND Gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe, try it, I am sure you’ll love it!
- Prep. time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Servings: 12-15 cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F or 280° C
- Mix together all the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder, and salt)
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. Don’t worry if the mixture looks a bit “liquidy”.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients, then add the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins if you want to
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on baking sheet
- Flatten them out a little bit with yout palm.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes
- Bon appétit
- You can mix dark, milk and white chocolate chips (you can also use vegan chocolate)
- You can use also use dried fruits instead of chocolate
- If you don’t have vegan milk you can use water instead