Yesterday I had a pretty rough evening, I had a very long conversation, with someone I deeply love but it did not end up very well. This morning, it was very difficult to get out of bed. When I eventually got out of bed I decided to prepare a huge, yet delicious and easy vegan breakfast to cheer me up. Thanks God, the good thing is that today I did not have to wake up early to go to work and this was LENGEN wait for it… and I hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second half of this word is DAIRY!! Ok, you got me, I have been watching some episodes of “How I met your mother” today 😉
Where was I? Oh yeah, huge yet delicious and easy vegan breakfast. Here is what I had for breakfast this “morning” (it was 12pm don’t know if we can still call that “morning” though):
- Easy vegan gluten-free pancakes with salted butter caramel
- Power booster oatmeal vegan recipe
- Glowing skin avocado and pineapple smoothie
I think it is the first time I have oatmeal for breakfast. I know my mother has been eating oatmeal bowls every morning for ages. She always tells me that it is a great breakfast, especially when you are sleep deprived (and I know I am). Anyway, this is a great deal because it is very easy to make and full of nutrients.
- 1 ripe banana (the riper the tastier)
- 1 tablespoon grounded almond
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For garnish: soaked almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and soya beans
- Take a medium bowl and mash the banana until smooth.
- Stir in the grounded almonds, cinnamon, and almond milk, until perfectly mixed.
- Heat in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes
- Garnish with your desired toppings.
- Voilà. Get back to bed and watch episodes of “How I met your mother” (optional step. But it is what I did :))
- Once you mixed the oat mixture, you can cover and refrigerate it overnight and cook it in a pot (medium heat) for 10 to 15 minutes
- You can use any topping such as dried cherries, apricots and figs or ginger, cacao and grated coconut for instance